These cases are crafted from 6/4 quarter sawn white oak, that is naturally resistant to rot and water. This is why it is a “go-to: for wine and whiskey barrels. There is a slot cut into case to store blades.
- White oak has a Janka Hardness Rating of 1360. In comparison, Sugar Maple has a rating of 1450 and Walnut comes in at a rating of 1010. It is highly durable.
- Finished with Rubio Monocoat Hardwax Oil Finish in various colors.
- Rubio Monocoat Hardwax Oil is used as a commercial hardwood floor finish worldwide. We know you probably won’t be walking on your razor case, but a durable finish sounded like a good idea to us.
- We use Neodymium magnets to keep your razor safe and secure. This is the strongest type of permanent magnet commercially available.
- Upon completion, all of our cases are wrapped in leather that is water, stain, and heat resistant.
- We won’t claim that our cases are bullet proof or indestructible, but finding a better case at a better price is going to be a challenge.
An adjustable brass insert is included. To use: Simply drop into the opening with screw head facing up. When the razor is placed into the case, the bottom of the handle rests on the adjustment screw. This allows the user to store razors of different handle lengths; basically adjusts how the razor sits in the case. Turn the screw clockwise (to lower) or counter clockwise (to raise). Note: The brass insert does not screw into the wood, it simply rests at the bottom of case.