Years ago, medicine cabinets would have a slot cut in the back of them for used razor blades. You’d knock a hole in your wall, install your medicine cabinet over top it, and drop blades into your walls for years and years. This is a simple, efficient solution to the sometimes annoying problem of safe disposal of old blades.
We decided to come up with a way to add a slot to your bathroom wall so worrying about used blades is a thing of the past, and add a great conversation piece to your bathroom!
1 x Solid Stainless Steel plate, etched with “FOR USED BLADES”
4 x #8×1″ Flat head Stainless Steel screws
5 x #7-9 anchors (Drill size: 15/64″) – we include one extra just in case.
Installation takes just a few minutes. To be perfectly honest, the anchors are probably optional.
Instructions for Installation
- Use a stud finder to ensure you pick a spot well between two studs.
- Use a level to verify placement of the wall plate.
- Mark the wall
- Remove the plate again
- Grab a 15/64 Drill bit
- Drill the 4 screw holes, tap in the 4 supplied anchors
- Cut out the blade slot in your drywall, ensure to cut it larger than the marked area
- Clean up any excess drywall and screw on the plate with the supplied Stainless Steel screws!